Participants will become equipped with the necessary tools to start their own business, enhance an existing business, and complete a business plan.
Each participant will investigate strengths and weaknesses utilizing various assessment tools, learn the different facets to becoming an entrepreneur and discover best practices for running and promoting a business.
Participants will develop a complete business plan that includes a rationale for a given product or business, evidence of market, competitive position, financial potential, and the characteristics of team members. Each participant tailor a business plan to correspond with his/her business interests. During this course, students work independently, and with the benefit of classroom instruction.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
THE PARTICIPANT WILL:
- Determine feasibility of their business
- Learn what is needed to start a business
- Discuss marketing methods and advertising techniques
- Review financial statements
- Learn the value of Industry, Market, and Customer analysis research methods
- Understand the importance of knowing the keys to business success
- Create a business plan